February 4, 2008

The Weekend in Review

 

Yes, I had a great time. I got to see my sweetie, so of course it was all good! Kween was able to ride with me, along with her 13-year old daughter who was sick. We didn’t get on the highway until 6p, but we made good time getting there. Highways were clear and dry in Missouri, and by the time we got to Arkansas, there wasn’t a trace of snow.

 

Dante and I were texting the entire time I was driving (yeah, safe I know!), so I told him to meet me at her father’s house when we got there. I called when we got into town, and he arrived about 5 minutes after we did. I said my hellos and goodbyes when I saw his lights in the driveway. I was so excited to see him!! It showed that he was excited to see me too!

Get your mind out of the gutter, that’s not what I meant!

 

It was like on the movies, where the people are just kissing and completely melted into one another, and can barely part from each other long enough to get where they are getting! I called my mom on the way to the apartment to let her know I made it there. We got everything unloaded into the house. Then we caught up a little from the last 5 weeks – repeat 5 WEEKS – of not seeing each other! But it wasn’t all bliss while I was there. I had to put him in place right away. It went something like this:

 

ME: What do you think you’re doing?

HIM: Just washing a couple of dishes. Why?

ME: Do you even SEE me standing here?

HIM: Yes sweetie. I was just…

ME: Touch another dish while I’m here, and see what happens!

 

As I’ve stated before, I love spoiling him while I’m there. I mean heck (as far as I know) he’s alone all the rest of the time, and no choice but to wash dishes and clothes by himself. So, one of my treats while I there is to relieve him of his household duties for the most part. He understands the rules, I just had to refresh his memory! Oh, please know it goes both ways. I think at some point Saturday, I was threatened to draw back a nub if I reached for another door again in his presence!

 

We didn’t get to see one movie on Saturday though. My back was hurting really bad, and he didn’t have any Aleve. So I took a couple of 10mg muscle relaxers. OMG! I couldn’t stay awake. I slept in the car to get lunch. I slept in the car on the way to Wal-Mart. I slept in the car on the way back to the apartment. Then I slept for about 2 hours then!!! I am not usually sensitive to meds at all, so that threw me for a loop! Then we both laid on the couch a little later after dinner and went to sleep. Party animals, huh?! LOL

 

We woke up later and stayed up until after 2a watching movies and “stuff”. We watched a piece of crap called ‘No Country for Old Men’. Yes, this Oscar-nominated movie is crap. It has a stupid and completely anti-climatic ending. In my opinion, there was a lot of graphic violence for the sake of violence. So, after that went off, we decided to end our night on a MUCH better note!

 

Since I had to leave earlier than I would have liked on Sunday, the morning seemed to fly by! I made breakfast, and we got a chance to just enjoy each other’s company for awhile, which felt really nice. He wanted me to cut his hair, and I did that. It may not have been a big deal to him, but it was to me. I mean yeah on the one hand, how bad can you screw up cutting it all off? But on the other hand, that displays a lot of trust to let me do it in the first place. So I wanted to make sure I did a good job. After all, I have been cutting the boys’ hair since DJ’s first birthday.

 

Anyway, we left the apartment and arrived at Kween’s father’s house and were ready to roll. But not after I got a few more very delicious smooches for the road! I made it home a lot later than the time I expected to get back. We had to stop in Cape Girardeau, MO at Kween’s cousin’s house, because she wasn’t feeling well…so that took an hour or more. But all was well that ended well! I had a great trip, and I informed him it’s his turn next!

No comments: