February 5, 2008

Just One of Those Days

Wow...today was a challenging day to keep the positive thoughts flowing! SO much stuff is going on!

Money is not where it could be. Still waiting on my refund deposit...ANXIOUSLY awaiting it.

Don't know what's going on with the bff. She has been incommunicado for the past few days. I called her a couple of times on Sunday on my way home and did hear from her. I sent a text message. Nothing. I called Monday morning. Nothing. I get a very vague email saying she was not in the mood to talk yet about stuff that happened over the weekend. Tuesday morning I sent a text. Nothing. I sent an email asking was everything ok, and was it something I did? She didn't answer the second question but said everything was not okay. I just think that's weird, but I understand that all people are different.

When I go in my little shell, I may not reach out first, but I don't just shut people out. I still do that now for the most part. Most people I talk to call me first, otherwise I could be in my little world all evening. But if someone calls, I answer. I won't just look at the call and ignore it. But that's just who I am, and I have to accept that everyone isn't the same. People handle situations in their lives differently. Kween helped me understand that today. She told me weeks went by once and she just didn't talk to any of her friends, and barely talked to her kids. The phone would ring or they would send a text message, and she would just look at it. She said she would maybe check the voicemail to make sure nothing was seriously wrong, but that was it. She said it was so bad they called her daughter's phone to make sure nothing had happened to her!

That's just weird to me. Why would you just shut people out that have done nothing wrong to you? But it makes perfect sense to her. So, I just have to realize that it's not all about me (shocking, I know)...and when my bff wants to talk to me again, I will be here. But man, tomorrow is Wednesday, this is very challenging!

It's not about me. It's not about me. It's not about me. It's not about me.

Yeah, still not working. Tomorrow will be better though, I PROMISE.




pps. Was freaking out due to tornadoes waaaaay too close to Dante in Memphis! But he comfirmed he is fine. Waiting to hear from Kween about her folks.

No comments: