February 13, 2008

Valentine's Eve

I am sad cause I miss my sweetie, but I actually enjoyed helping my kids with their school valentines! Who knew??

My sister (the Officer) went to the dollar store and got candy for the kids to take to school. I was gonna be a total slacker mom, yes I was. But at least they had their valentine cards!!

So, DJ and Starr worked on theirs while I cooked Hamburger Helper for dinner, and did some laundry, and prepared the bulk meat packages for the freezer. After dinner, Bruzer and I worked on his. I did the writing, and he was the "sticker guy". Then Champagne and I did hers. She wrote he name all by herself, and did a pretty good job! I told her I was very proud of her.

I was convicted today by some things Joyce Meyer said in a podcast I downloaded to my Walkman mp3 player. She said when her kids were growing up, she was always nagging about something, it was never quite right. If something was out of place, she had to say something about it. And to this day, she wishes she knew then what she knows now, because she would have merely enjoyed them growing up more....and nagged less! That is me. I don't nitpick and fuss about every little thing, but I really do enough of it to make it seem like it! So, as GI Joe (the cartoon) says: "Knowing is half the battle!"

Other than that, it has been an uneventful evening. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, and my sweetie is on the other side of the country, in another time zone, hundreds of miles away. He is also going through some turmoil of the heart right now, of which I totally understand, and it just makes me want to be with him even more. We are friends first, and right now he needs one that totally gets what he's going through. But, I have confidence in him, he will be okay. He just needs to "balance out" (remember, I explained that before).

Happy Valentine's Day to all the lovers, the friends, and the hopeless/hopefull romantics in cyberland!

No comments: