February 19, 2008

The Weekend in Review

I'm sleepy, so we'll try to keep this short.

I didn't get to see much of Dante the first part of the weekend. He came over for a little while on Saturday afternoon. I had my babysitter on standby, cause I thought we were gonna do dinner and a movie. But that didn't pan out this trip. He ended up spending the vast majority of the time with his family, which was great. I mean yeah, there was a little piece of me that was trying to be a brat. But the popular opinion squashed that like a bug!!! I mean heck, I just saw him like 2 weeks ago, and it's been since Christmas when they saw him! And from what he tells me, they had really great family time. I mean classic, memory-making kind of family time! That is just so great to hear. It sounds like he's got a great family, not anymore perfect or flawed than the rest of ours, definitely "good people".

So, to be incredibly polite yet tell the story, I have to say that time of the month rolled around. We had an incredibly awkward and embarrassing event during his visit on Saturday that confirmed it had occurred. (yes, that) I knew he was planning to leave on Sunday, but after it got toward the evening, I knew he wasn't leaving that night. I was off on Monday, so I knew he would come by before he left...like he always does. If he comes home, and I don't see him that whole visit, I can count on seeing him as he's headed out of town! Good enough for me! Anyway, because of my cycle, I just assumed there was no way I'd see him that evening. My bff even said "Maybe he'll come over and spend the night tonight." To which I huffed and replied "yeah right, and I'm on! I don't see that happening!"

Oh me of little faith! We sent each other text messages a few times that evening. Then later he asked me was I sleep. My reply, priceless as usual. "No, R U?" So he told me he was on his way cause he needed to hold me next to him! Major points for that one! I told you, I'm a simple girl. We stayed up for a while, and he played with his new toy he got for Valentine's Day. What's that you ask? (Get your mind out of the gutter!) His Garmin C330 of course! I gave it to him on Saturday. He was very shocked and pleased, cause it was not only something he wanted but something he needed. (We had a monetary discussion the other day about the event from November, since I insisted on returning that. This does not count towards what I owe him, it's just stuff I want to do for him. Everything is at a balance point now, so I should be able to start repaying very very soon) He is one of very few in a long time that I just wanted to do things and spoil just because I feel he deserves it, and because I truly want to see him happy.

So, after he got it loaded up on his laptop, he hit the shower and we headed for bed. I was wrapped around him all night! I was very happy he was there. I missed being close to him for one. And for two, he really did make good on his word that it's not just physical! He could have just come over for a while on Monday and hung out before he hit the road. But what he did shows that he cares more than just about a good lay, we have at least a little something more.

That "little something more" is working just fine for me!

No comments: