February 7, 2008

Wild Wednesday!!

Yesterday was very challenging. I couldn't even post this last night because I was so mentally exhausted!! So back to the beginning...

It started out that morning doing my usual wake-up call to Dante. I couldn't get a hold of him. I figured he had overslept BIG TIME, since I called about 10 times over the course of an hour. He had PT at 7a...and I finally stopped calling about 730a. I wouldn't have been this obsessive had there not been a damaging tornado that touched down near him in Bartlett!! I talked to him that night when I saw the initial report on cnn.com, and he confirmed he was okay. Well apparently, the power went out and his phone (aka his backup alarm clock) was charging in the car! Another emotional crisis averted!

Then it continued on when I got to work. I opened up my email, and there was a letter from the bff. Oh My God!! First, I was shocked. Then I was upset that such an emotionally explosive email was sent to my JOB! I mean, I was on the phone in my worst voice, trying not to cry.

Yes, then it changed to sadness. I won't go into the email specifics, but she went back and re-read the ranting email I wrote on my birthday weekend. I won't even link to it because, like I told her, I hadn't ever re-read that email because it brought up an upsetting period. Basically her email left me wondering what she was thinking. Like was she trying to decide if she even wanted to be friends anymore. That's the impression the email gave me, and it was too much to handle at once. Not like the rest of my life is going so peachy right now either, you know.

I had to get past it, because I don't have the type of job that I can leave to go home if I'm just not "up for it" that day.

So what did I do? I used my extreme personality to my professional benefit. I swung the pendulum to other side! I was insanely chipper and jokey and happy, until I was able to balance out after lunch. It worked...for the most part. She and I emailed back and forth a couple of times, and basically straightened things out by the end of the day.

To add to the emotional rollercoaster, I was following a thought in my head that led me to research potentional surgeons for a procedure that I may have one day. (Yes I am being purposely vague. No I will probably NEVER tell you what it is) What was best was reading the testimonials of real people, and to know I wasn't alone in the way I've been feeling. But, most of all, knowing there's hope for a different tomorrow. I was all mushy inside by the end of the workday!

Then I get to the daycare and get the "kids cannot return to daycare unless entire bill is paid" statement, which I call the 'love note' for short. I wrote a check a few weeks back and wrapped it in a full piece of paper that I had written a note on. I also post-dated the check for a week later when I got paid. They completely disregarded both of those things and deposited the check when they felt like it. So of course it bounced, because I hadn't gotten paid yet. But, you know I just have hundreds of dollars just LYING around everywhere right? So, in their world, it's not that I can't afford to pay at that exact moment. It's that I CHOOSE not to share all the money I have in the bank with them!

Yeah! As if!

So, as it turns out, I ended up missing today anyway! I was so emotionally exhausted by the end of yesterday...I just didn't care anymore. I got up and called in this morning. Then I called Dante to make sure he was awake, and proceeded to get up and get moving as usual.

Still no direct deposit of federal taxes yet, hoping for tomorrow. Still very inconsistent on the child support payments from Joe, don't know what's going on with the job. All I know is I've gotten 3 payments in the last 6-8 weeks, as opposed to 1 every week. That's like an almost $3 an hour pay cut! How would you do in that situation??

Welcome to my world.

No comments: