January 24, 2008

Life is Good

I have been doing pretty with my positive thought process! Yes, I have had some setbacks - minor ones though. Those will always be there, as long as I have a mind to think, there will be negative thoughts that creep in. But I feel so much stronger mentally, it's really refreshing. I don't feel as weighed down as I have for so long.

My mom and the Officer both got their W-2 last Friday. I just kept thinking, "Man that would be so great if my company would do that!" But, since I think so little of my company, I knew better.

Well, well, well. Guess what I got in the mail the other day? That's right, my W-2!!!!! I already had the paper from daycare, so the W-2 was the only thing I was waiting for. I didn't get it though until 4a in the morning.

No, my mail does not get delivered at 4am. Yes, I was outside on my porch at 4am. Why? Well, I was sleep, until the Great Cat Duet began about 5 minutes prior. The Great Cat Duet, you ask? First it was one cat, then the other chimed in. I thought that they were gonna stop in a few minutes....but alas, they did not. Then the noises began to sound disturbing like a baby or toddler crying, so I got up, put on my robe and went out to the porch to look. I shooed them away from the side of the house, right next to my bedroom window! I grabbed the mail out the box and put it on the table, then crawled back into bed.

Woke up in the morning as usual. My bff called to chat. As I was in the living room, I decided to look at the mail I brought in earlier that morning.

Sidebar: I have a bad habit of not rushing to get my mail everyday, since the majority is bills. Well, one of the things I learned on "The Secret" is that what I consistently expect is what I attract to me. So, that goes into the change of thinking concept I have been using.

Lo and behold! There it was! I thanked God right then and there! I told my best friend what it was, and she praised God too! So I e-filed them for free that night when I got home thru a special offer I was sent with H&R Block's Taxcut online software. It would have cost $29.95 to do each state's tax forms. I have to do Missouri and Illinois, since my company is based is MO, but I found out early year I can request them to take out Illinois state tax since this is the state I work and live in.

I set it up for direct deposit and can't wait for the deposit notification! I have a surprise I want to get my Punkin, as one of my Splurge gifts I allow for myself! He is totally worth it! Don't think I'm just gonna blow the money though, I have plans. Half of it goes to my mother due to her buying the van and saving me from that HELL last year! Then I have to get some maintenance work done on the van (tune-up, oil change, brakes, lights) plus perhaps have a remote starter/alarm installed. I just LOVE those...and they don't cost that much.

I also plan to get a $250-$300 secured credit card from my bank, specifically to help me back up my checking account to prevent the fees. I need to invest a little in StarrDom Travel, as well as get a new CPU. I took my desktop in today and it was confirmed that it will cost more than it's even worth to fix it. Starr needs backup glasses, all the kids need shoes (DJ not so much though), and regular stuff like that. But there will be some staying in savings, that's a promise!

Then my new spending plan (read: budget) begins! I can't wait! All the ways to help me reach my goals!

Update: Me and the crunches are working out great! I didn't get to do my AM50 the morning my bff called me out of bed, so I made it up with a PM100! The dedication is definitely there!

No comments: