January 30, 2008

T Minus 48 Hours

48 hours from now, I will be blissfully lying with man I adore! I am so excited!! (I know, you couldn't really tell)

Okay, okay...we may not be actually lying down in 48 hours, if you just wanted to be technical about it! But, you get the general idea!

We had a great chat this evening. I had some stuff I needed to get cleared up, and perhaps since I said something, he wanted it cleared up too. It wasn't anything bad at all. I am very glad we discussed it. I can't say it means we 'going steady' or anything corny like that. We are adults, we are friends, and we like each other a whole lot. Noone is yet at a point to throw in the other L-word, and that is okay with the both of us. There is no pressure and no rush to be anything more than what we are right now.

What are we? "We" don't have a pre-conceived category, such as dating, or boyfriend-girlfriend, or 'just a fling'. We just are. He's my Punkin, and I'm his Sweetie. And that works for us. Talking today, in my opinion, reconfirmed that pressure-free state of our relationship. I did make it clear that I am only interested in him at this point, and am not trying to see anyone else. He stated the same. HOWEVER, in the interest of not ignoring the elephant in the living room, we covered what may happen if he met someone there in Tennessee. So we're good there too.

No, of course I wouldn't like it. How crazy do you think I am? But, I want Dante happy, and if that means forgoing my own selfish desires so he doesn't have to be alone in Memphis, then I'll deal with it. WE will deal with it. Perish the thought, but this is the real world too. That was a relief of sorts for both of us too!

I also wanted to tell him something, since the wanting children had been looming so prevalently in my head from the beginning. Neither of us expected to really dig each other this much, that's for darn sure. It was expected for both of us to be a 'thing'. You know, just something (or someone) to do when he comes into town to visit family, and we chat and talk in the interim. Especially since my tubes are tied and he wants to have the whole experience someday, that was always a barrier or ceiling for how far we could go. So I was able to let him know that I am in no way against the idea of having more children, and I am willing to get surgically "unaltered" to do so. IF we should ever get to that point where we want to take this further, I didn't want that to be the thing that kept us from "doing the damn thang".

I am starting to feel better about the trip. I am going to leave early on Friday, and my sisters will pick up the kids. Then I will leave Memphis on Sunday at about 1p at the latest, so I can give my sister some time to recoup before starting the week over again. I will be buying some groceries to send with them, and I want to get her some kind of treat as well. For the kids, this time when I come back, I plan to have something for them...even if it's just keychains that say Memphis. I even talked to Dante about bringing the kids that way in April or May for a weekend. We would likely just skip school that day, and leave early that Friday (or leave Saturday, and stay over til Monday). I have discount certificates with Marriott properties, so the room would be about $50/night. It will be doable, we just have to work out the kinks as far as how to get a little "us" time!

In other news, I have filed my state and federal taxes elcetronically...and I'm just waiting on the deposits. What's funny is I was supposed to mail my Illinois state taxes for 2006, and never did! They owe me a refund of almost $200! So I will be mailing that one, as soon as I find the other W-2 that was with it. So the road to breathing easier is straight ahead. Main goals are getting another desktop computer, and catching up bills. Want to incorporate to help get towards my work-at-home goal...but we'll see what's in store for me there.

Stay tuned tomorrow for more Countdown Chronicles!!!!

No comments: