January 1, 2008

My Skyscraper Year

Why skyscraper? Well, when building a skyscraper, you have to dig a pretty deep foundation into the ground to give the structure a proper foundation to last for generations to come. A lot of times, the deeper hole that is dug into to ground (ie, the lower you go) determines how tall the building will actually be (ie, the higher you can soar). So, my general feeling is that 2007 was one of the worst years of my life thus far. There were no major tragedies (Thank You God), no deaths, or anything like that. But I mean as far as my life and the direction it is headed in and my finances. In that respect, I have dug my foundation pretty deep, since I was pretty low this past year. Now it's time to build as high as my faith and my (and your) God will take me!

I am glad to see 2007 go. But, here are a few highlights to last year:

  • Meeting Dante - In case I haven't said it, I absolutely adore him! We are much in the same, and I truly hope we will always be friends...even if nothing more I want us to be friends.
  • My love affair with the New Guy - Though it didn't end happily ever after, I learned some very valuable things from that experience and what I want in a relationship and what I expect from a man.
  • Meeting the Commander - Though our friendship is perhaps irrevocably fractured (and it is all my fault), I think he's one of the coolest guys I have met in years.
  • Getting out of the Amityville House (as it is heretoforth known) relatively unscathed. Falling in love with my new place, and knowing I plan to be here until I am ready to buy.
  • My 86-year-old grandmother, my mother, my sisters and their families...my babies....my bestest friend ever...and the fact that noone is gravely ill or seriously injured. THANK YOU FATHER!!!!!!
  • Getting the van I wanted, and being able to keep it thanks to mi madre.

That's just a few, the ones that really stand out in my mind. I want this year to be so much better, so much more accomplished! No more bounce fees! No more begging and borrowing! No more robbing Peter to pay Paul! No more self-doubt about what I am capable of! No more self-sabotage to reaching my dreams! No more living how others think I should live! No more self-pity! No more depression (did you know that about me? been fighting it for quite some time now.)! NO MORE!!!!

Just so you know, I don't do resolutions. It's an automatic setup to fail. But there are some things that I want to change this Skyscraper Year. I will make family nights a priority at least once every 2 weeks. I will make a family outing at least once a month. I will take my kids to Disneyworld for my vacation in November. I will keep my house cleaner and neater (it's the depression thing, I mentioned it months ago). I will take better care of myself...if for no other reason than to feel better about myself so I can be better for my kids. I will work from home before 2009 gets here (yes, that gives me a big margin from end-of-the-school-year, I know).

So, what about you? What are you going to change this year? Isn't it time you started building your skyscraper?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

EXCUSE ME!!!!! How is it that SKYSCRAPER came from someone you didn't even mention as important....Ah HAAA that's why I keep away from this blog..>HEFFA...I love you 2 (so my secret name is Diez...lmao