January 8, 2008

Every Day Is A Blessing

Just remember that. Every now and then, I will actually look at the news on cnn.com just to see what's going on. Honestly, I started out trying to check on the New Hampshire caucus to see if Senator Obama was the frontrunner, as he was in Iowa. The headline at the very top of the site was the just published autopsy results for slain hiker Meredith Emerson, and that caught my attention. They think she was alive for three days before the nutcase killed her with blunt force trauma to the head...oh yeah, then decapitated her!! Sick bastard! But, he only agreed to tell them where the body was after the DA's office promised not to seek the death penalty. Now, watch they hold up their end of the bargain, and he gets to sit up in prison and get free degrees and free cable and free meals and free gym memberships...ON MY DIME!!!
What I hope happens is, the other cases that they may link him to (like the fact that a couple in another were killed hiking and this killer was seen in the guy's jacket AND was using the couple's ATM card), they find him guilty and give him the death penalty on one of those!!

From there, I clicked on a link that says this: Suspect: God made me kill,cook girlfriend

WTF!!!!!! This 25-year old killed his 21-year old girlfriend, mutilated her body, then...are you ready for this....cooked and ate part of her body!!!!! I can't even say anymore about that one, because it is so deplorable, but here's the cnn link.

There is just no time for being fearful. There is no time for proscrastinating. There is no time for self-doubt. There is no time for insecurity about your abilities to create a better world and life for yourself. Tomorrow could be it for you, then what?? Will you have everything accomplished? If not, there's no time like the present! Here's something you may not have known.

You ready for this mind-altering piece of info? You sure? Okay...don't say I didn't warn you:

YOU ARE GOING TO DIE SOMEDAY!!!

Whether you like it or not, you will die. Everyone you know and love will die. There is no getting around it. There is no sense fearing the inevitable. I mean sure, we all want it to be when we are old, but the reality is....that's not the case for everyone. Now that you know that, you have a choice. You can be afraid of dying to the point that you are crippled with fear, or you can accept the fact that you will die...and start LIVING. Guess which one I decided to be? Have you seen the previous posts noting how many times I could have died?? Go here and here for a refresher. I lived in fear for awhile of leaving my four children to be orphans, and yes it was sometimes crippling. It had even contributed to my depression. Guess what? A lady at work lost her 36 year old sister within the last month, and she left 8 kids behind! That was a swift kick in the ass for me to get over myself, and enjoy the gift of life...we only get ONE SHOT. Make it count.

So, I have a conference call at 8p, on how to become unstoppable. I have a few more conference calls throughout this month. I will be emailing the chapter president of my host agency to find out about meetings or networking events or whatever information she can give me to further my travel agency business. I will also get my materials together to start getting me some business clients for StarrDom. I will meet with SCORE for help in business plan creation, marketing, and anything else I may need.

When I die, I want it to be on my feet (and in motion), NOT on my knees! (paraphrased from The Kingdom)

No comments: