March 26, 2008

Happy Humpday!!!

Today was a good day...it was kind of long at work, but it was a good day. I made a hotel reservation for one of my coworkers that plans to stay overnight after the dinner dance. We talked about what we might wear. I hope to be wearing something rather nice...that I can fit very well! I really hope my punkin is able to go, otherwise I won't stay overnight. I have that day off, but I'm thinking about changing it to a half day and just leave work that at noon.
Did I tell you he gave me the cutest card when we were in Sikeston? Very cute! It was a singing card, and when you opened it up Sonny and Cher crooned "I Got You Babe"! You talk about grinning from ear to ear!! What a nice thought!

I haven't heard from him since Monday when we talked and chatted briefly. I believe he went out into the field on Tuesday instead of Wednesday as originally thought. Yes, I was freaking out a little at first, but then logic regained control. There is absolutely no way he wouldn't respond to my usual text messages, that's just not who he has been. Period.

I ran into an old friend today on the way back from Chipotle. His name is Doug and we used to hang out when I was in high school. We both worked at Wendy's together. Long story short, he was really liking me but I was all into my high school sweetheart Rickm so noone had a shot! Apparently I broke his heart and there may have been actual tears shed by him, so to his mom I was MUD!! Rightly so, cause I would have had an issue with some little girl who did that to my son too! Anyway, we are older now, kids, marriages, divorces, the works. He is in the process of his divorce now, so life is pretty difficult. I offered my words of encouragement merely because I have been there. I didn't play the little phony line "Don't Worry it get better", while I am looking like I am top of the world...that is a BIG pet peeve of mine! I told him how I know it gets better...and worse...and better - because I have been through it! I really think I was a blessing to him today, and when I got into the car to head back to work I thanked God for that opportunity to help someone else.

I was on a high all day long after that, feeling really great. That is until I got home and realized the water was off and I don't have any money to pay it!

Told ya! Better...then worse...then better...then...

No comments: