March 17, 2008

South Beach Day One!!!

Because I lounged yesterday, and slacked yesterday evening, and slacked this morning...I wasn't quite as prepared as I could have been. But I think I did pretty good today.

I snacked on almonds and trail mix (sunflower kernels, peanuts, soynuts, and very few raisins). I allowed my 75 calories of sweet treats (ie candy) to be 3 Bit O' Honey chews. Totally worth it. I ate a veggie-packed salad from the grocery store salad bar. No peas or carrots though, not allowed. I had a chicken, spinach and asiago cheese sausage link from Sam's for breakfast with coffee (little bit of cream and a Splenda packet). I am deciding on dinner now.

I went to the Farmer's Market store and picked up some veggies. I went to Aldi after that to get a week's worth of meals for the kids. I think I ended up with 2 weeks worth, so SCORE!!!!!

My sweetie made it to Houston safe and sound. He checked in to his hotel and went to sleep. He was up til about 2am, and had to wake up at 5am to get ready to go to the airport. Wait a minute....

....I was up til about 2am also. And I woke up at 5am to make sure he woke up at 5am!! But did I get a nap? Noooooo. Such as life, right? Well, I finally installed my webcam that he bought me so that kind of made us lose track of time. This is my first time having a webcam believe it or not. Everytime someone asked me about one before, I always assumed they were thinking some perverted thoughts, so I blew them off! But, in this long distance relationship we are in, I can see the necessity. Sometimes, I just need to see his animated face. That makes me not miss him as much.

Did you hear the violins just then?

No comments: