March 9, 2008

No Call...No Show

That's what Mr. Dante did to me Friday night! We were texting each other. I knew where he was. He told me he was on his way. Then that was it...until 3 o'clock the next afternoon!! First problem with that is I have an extremely LOW tolerance for no call, no shows (thanks Can't Get Right). Second problem is that was completely unlike him to do that. This led to the third problem. Since this is not like the person I have come to know and count on to keep his word, I began to get worried. I do not like to worry.

Something happened with his cousin getting arrested for being an ass, and he got stuck in the middle, blah, blah, blah. I really did hear the whole story, I swear. BUT, sometime before 3pm the next afternoon should I have heard from him ya think!? Yeah, me too! He apologized profusely on the phone, and when I saw him later in person. He even shoveled and salted my front steps so noone would fall. Yeah, he gets a couple of points for that. PLUS, a few more for the webcam he brought me!

Since he is leaving on Monday instead of Sunday as usual, he is supposed to spend the night here tonight. He wanted me to play hooky from work on Monday, but I told him I couldn't. I really, really want to. But, not with the type of job I have! I am just off my written warning, and missing a day would cost me that again. I know he understands that completely. These are the times I wish I worked at a grownup job! We'll see what my raise brings later this month...but that's another story.

Hopefully this was a momentary slip. I cannot allow it to become a habit. As I said my tolerance for waiting around for someone who never shows is basically zero. As it should be anyway. It's very inconsiderate to just leave someone hanging like that. I know better from him therefore I expect better from him. I know he won't let me down.

1 comment:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

I think you deserve to be treated right. I hope this is a blip. Your expectations are spot on.