March 18, 2008

A Trying Day

Today started out okay. It was raining, but it wasn't that cold so that made it okay.

Then I checked my voicemail.

The usual stuff. The loan place I owe left me a reminder message last week. Then I got the landlord's halfway annoyed voicemail about rent (which I deposited on my lunch into the tenant's account a couple of hours later the same day). That kind of struck me, because I hadn't been such a good paying tenant while I have been here. But I was managing the stress.

By now the calls at work are starting to pile up due to bad thunderstorms in Dallas-Fort Worth, cancelling everything from, to and through there. At one point, there were 22 calls on hold! In the almost 2 years I have been there, that has NEVER happened! That reminded me of the old emergency service center days where, on a bad day, it was normal to see that many calls on hold all day during a weather situation. But not here! To add insult to injury, our manager went home sick because he wasn't feeling good...again. My sentiments for that? Two things.

  1. Must be nice to be salary (ie, not subject to our attendance policy).
  2. MAN UP!!! The rest of us drag our asses in the sick or not, so we don't get written up. We put in a full 8 hours. I think you can too!

Anywho, the most stressful part of the day came when I received a reply to a text message I sent Joe (ex-husband) about arrears in child support. You see, he had worked at Chrysler since 1995, the year we got married. He took the buyout last month, and has been waiting for his check to clear to pay into the child support system. Well, according to him, they claim he was paid up and is only a little over $100 behind! I haven't received support since the 2nd week in January! I was counting on that money...and soon! So I freaked out and totally went into stress overdrive. I was bawling in the car at lunch, literally driving to nowhere. I almost stopped and bought some food that I didn't need. I was SO CLOSE to just getting me a slice of that stollen that the lady brought to work. Those are the two things I do, when I get upset. Buy something, never more than $20, and eat junk...usually in the form of a baked good.

I was listening to a message from Creflo Dollar on my Walkman (again, one of my better investments in a while!), and most of the things he was saying was directly related to what I was going through right then. That was a reminder that God is still on the throne, He is in control, and He loves ME!!!

I went back to work, made my salad that I brought from home, and dived back into the calls! I changed my mood because I know that what seems dark right now will always get better! ALWAYS!

I talked to the computer people that I bought the new desktop from this morning also. I explained what was happening with it, and he advised he would be shipping me a new hard drive today or tomorrow. When I heard the clicking noise, I knew the hard drive had failed. I would like 2 new peices for my home office, then I swear I won't buy anymore: A flat panel monitor and a true all-in-one color printer/scanner/copier/fax. Wal-Mart had what I want, and i can get a kick-ass rebate on it too, so that's VERY tempting. I could sell the other 2 to make up the cost!

Speaking of selling. i do think I am about to seriously embark on an ebay adventure. I will keep you posted on that as time goes on. It's all about generating multiple streams of income, so I am never stuck when one source fails. That's what has happened with the child support thing, but I must recover and fast. Life still goes on!!!

p.s. Day Two, though a challenge, was a resounding success!!

No comments: